How much does a private jet charter cost?
The cost to charter a plane can range anywhere from $1,200 – $10,000 per billable flight hour. That range includes a wide variety of aircraft from small turboprops to the most expensive luxury business jets.
Aside from the hourly rate of the aircraft, there many factors which affect private jet charter pricing.
Private Jet Charter Costs — The Full Picture
The main components of a private jet rental cost are:
- Billable Flight Time – Based on the hourly rate of the aircraft and the number of flight hours.
- Fuel Surcharge – Charges vary by type of plane, distance flown and the cost of fuel.
- Crew Fees – Per diem payments, hotel fees, meals, etc.
- Landing, Handling & Incidental Fees – Charges vary by type of plane, airport and other details.
- Federal Excise Tax (FET) – Domestic flights incur a tax of 7.5% on top of all charges.
Want more detail on these fees and other useful info? Visit our Glossary for more information.